HARD, a competitive mixed team from Montreal, participated at its first tournament of the season in Trois-Riviere this past weekend (May 21st, 22nd). The Frisbeefest 2011was the ideal opportunity to finally pick up the disc after 3 intensive weeks of physical training and to integrate new players in the team. Seeded 2nd, the first day proved to be a good warm-up for the team, finishing the day by winning all 4 games:
• Game 1: victory 14-8 against Rest du Québec
Game 2: victory 12-7 against Animals
•Game 3: victory 15-0 against Gang B
•Game 4: victory 14-3 against Big Fish
Having secured the first position in its pool, HARD got to relax during the rest of Saturday and enjoy a team dinner to celebrate two birthdays of team members. The second day started with a break in the quarterfinals, so the first game on Sunday was the semi-finals against G8. This team turned out to be a serious opponent as many points were hard fought. Unfortunately, several points were contested during the game, leaving the captains of both teams to decide how to proceed. Despite such lengthy interruptions and discussions, HARD came out victorious after a universal point up-wind.
An old friend waited in the finals: Tabasco. Having picked up a different set of players compared to the TUF tournament in Toronto two weeks before, Tabasco was a strong opponent and didn’t allow any mistakes. Many turnovers were caused by layout D’s and in the end, Tabasco won the game with a respective lead. Congratulations to the winners!
Overall, the Frisbeefest 2011 was a fantastic experience and formed the basis for a great season ahead. We learned where to improve in order to prepare for the next tournament, the Mixed Eastern in two weeks. Boston, here we come!
After a great and intense 2010 participating in up to 6 tournaments including Mixed Master Easterns (Boston – MS), COE (Montreal –PQ), Mixed Up (Ottawa – ON) and CUC (Sherbrooke – PQ), HARD is ready to start the 2011 season bringing again another representation of Montreal’s Mixed/COED Competitive Ultimate.
Knowing that 2011 indicates to be one of the best years for Mixed Ultimate in the province of Quebec, one of the main objectives of the team is to have an impressive performance in Quebec’s mixed regionals in order to qualify to CUC.
This year calendar will include a minimum of 5 tournaments; practices twice a week (Sundays and Tuesdays) and a spring training stage of 10 sessions starting April 24th until May 12th 2011.
Try outs will be held March 27th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at the Loyola Campus of Concordia University. If you want to participate please bring cleats, write and black shirt, plenty of water for yourself and $10.
If you have any question or require more info, please contact us at: email@example.com
Robert Lee / Nicolas Restrepo
Visit HARD on Facebook
AUM’s article about 2010 COE
Team’s name: HARD
Category: Ultimate Mixed/COED
Location: Great Montreal Area – Province of Quebec.
Team Vision: “discover the spirit of the game on every practice, game and day to day life”
- Prepare accordingly to play competitive ultimate at the best level possible.
- Represent Montreal and another version of its Ultimate.
- Develop Ultimate players and support them throughout the process.
- Promote a culture of balance between the sport, family and life in general.
- Meet AUM requirements to be a MUCC.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with AUM, Ultimate Canada, USA Ultimate, and related organizations.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119510238085801
Sunday March 27th 2011/ 7:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m / Concordia U. – Loyola Campus
Required: $10, cleats, white & black shirts, water.
- Sundays (from May 1st to August 7th 2011) 7:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m / Location: Concordia U. – Loyola Campus
- Tuesdays (from May 3rd to August 9th 2011) 6:15 p.m to 8:30 p.m. / Location: To be Confirmed with AUM
March 27th, April 24th, 26th, 28th, May 1st, 3rd, 5t, 8th, 10th and 12th 7:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m / Location: Concordia U. – Loyola Campus 2011
- Frisbee Fest / 3 Rivers – PQ / May 21st & 22nd
- Mixed Easterns / Boston – MS / June 4th & 5th
- Comedy of Errors / Montreal – PQ / June 18th & 19th
- CUC Regionals / Quebec City – PQ / July 9th & 10th
- Mixed Up / Ottawa – ON / July 30th & 31st
- CUC / August 11th to 14th